This is a blog about trying to be a better human.
I suppose it’s strange to think of “being human” as something we can improve on. But it is, and I’ve noticed that your skills and abilities directly determine happiness levels in your life.
Being a happy human comes down to how often you express a set of skills that unfortunately are not taught in school.
- Learning to manage your moods and reactions
- Quieting your mind from talking so much
- Being less self-consciousness
- Moving past experiences that have already happened
- Setting up a life that makes use of your talents
- Quitting the habits and people that drain you
- Responding instead of reacting
- Enjoying ordinary, mundane moments
Learning these skills can improve your life immensely. What’s interesting is that everyone wants to be happier, but not many people make a point of learning the skills that really make a difference in their level of happiness. Instead we often pursue bigger incomes and nicer things.
Ever since giving birth to my daughter in 2013, quality-of-life-related pursuits have been the primary focus of my life. I read as much as possible and experiment on myself with what works on what doesn’t. I write about these things on my blog.
This blog is ad-free, and supported by readers like you. Become a Patron and gain access to extra posts and other goodies.